Monday, September 7, 2009

Jordan is 4 Months Old




Well I guess I have been a little busy being a new Mommy. The last of my blog entries was a recall of Jordan's birth and that was four months ago. So much has changed in our lives, and only changed for the best. I have to take a moment to gush about how much I love my son. He is the most gorgeous and most incredible little human. I have never experienced loving another person the way that I love this child. It's unfreaking believable!!!! It's something that every person needs to experience for themselves, there is nothing like it. The first couple weeks were pretty exciting, but also very overwhelming and difficult. I would do it again in an instant but as time as passed I realize how much easier life has become since all this has started.

Jordan has grown from his teeny tiny 7lbs 12oz to near 17 lbs and at four months of age he is fitting pretty comfortably into size 6 month clothing. He is doing a fantastic job and mastered holding up his head and has discovered that he has a voice.. He seems to be a baby with a lot say he coos all day long and is full of smiles from ear to ear. We are seeing him work on trying to improve his mobility. He's squirming around and leaning in directions that he wants to go. We practice rolling over so eventually I think we'll see him flip on his own.

This month I am trying to begin sleep training Jordan. Up until now he has been sleeping in bed with Cliff and I. It has worked out great and I have truly enjoyed the intimate bonding time I get with him snuggling all night long. Lately it's really making sleeping very difficult. It has been great because I was nursing him on demand and I had found that many families and nursing mothers especially do just as I have done. (I felt like I unfortunately had to hear a lot of unsolicited opinions about it and some people didn't think i should have the baby in bed with me) We all do what works best for ourselves and our families. I have noticed that Jordan is not needing to nurse as often and is not relying on breast feeding for his only source of comfort as he once did. I think we are nearing the last of nursing before too long.

At Jordan's next doctor's appointment with Dr. Lavin we are going to discuss starting him on cereal for the first time. I will try to update this blog more often sorry for such a prolong delay.

No comments: