Friday, July 29, 2011

17 Weeeks and 3 days

I sure am glad that I blogged with my previous pregnancy. I like to see where I was as I go along the same journey again. So, at 17 weeks in to my last pregnancy I already knew the sex of the baby. Here I am stuck waiting another 2.5 weeks. Ugh! My weight gain hasn't been terribly different luckily. At about 16/17 weeks before I had only gained 1 lb. I think with this pregnancy I have gone up about 4 lbs and I stupidly felt very embarrassed by it, completely forgetting that it's normal to have a slow and steady weight gain during pregnancy. Sometimes I have a few dumb blonde moments. I had myself convinced I would only gain a few lbs towards the end and here I am... only up 4 lbs going in to my 5th month. So all in all not too too bad.

I dont have a belly picture to compare then to now.. but I can't imagine I was any bigger before than I am right now which is not very. It's enough of a change for me to notice of course, but not the rest of the world. I am reminded every day by my friends that i don't look any different and my thought is, ohhh so does that mean I always look this round? I do not wear exclusively maternity clothes yet but I am pretty limited in my selection of clothing that works. Elastic and stretch!

I am not eating for 2 and I pride myself in the fact that I have generally made good food choices. My only degree of guilt comes from the fact that I have not been able to drop fountain soda beverages including diet coke. I completely gave it up the entire time I was pregnant with Jordan and this time I just can not part with it. I look forward to my ONE diet coke a day and it's so marvelous.

Time to catch some sleep i have a lot of baby to grow left and it's very exhausting.

No comments: