Monday, April 27, 2009

40 weeks and 3 days



We are seeing Dr. David every other day now.  At today's appointment we got on the monitor for a while and things continued to look good. My blood pressure is holding up well.  I am dilated to 3cm and 100% effaced so to make a long story short, we are staying pregnant.  Basically Dr. David is taking things day by day and unless there is a legitimate reason to induce we are going to allow more time for nature to take it's course.  

I have to admit i left the office disappointed, sad, frustrated and helpless but I KNOW that she is making the best and safest medical decisions for me and the baby.  A lot of times I really do question the decisions that Dr.s make as far as who the decision benefits really.  But in this case there is no question has my best intentions in mind.  

I can not wait to meet my baby boy!  I can not wait to have my own body back! I can't wait for a lot of things... and I know that everybody else is excited about his arrival too.  I am questioned everyday, "Where is the baby already?"  "When is he coming out?" "Got any news?"   The answer is NO!!!!! I don't know anything.  There is nothing I can say or do and I am having the same conversation, or hearing the same conversation over and over again every single day...and it's taking a toll on me.  I don't want to hear, "He'll come when he's ready" anymore... and I dont want to hear, " Good things come to those who wait".  and I am also tired of hearing about everybody elses experiences because it does not give me any reassurance or encouragement. 

Since I have already started my angry frustrated rant I am also going to tell you that I am SICK of all the negative comments that I hear all the time from everyone.  This is what I hear, from EVERYBODY...
"Enjoy the quiet now!"  
"Better rest up now cause this is the last time you are going to get any sleep again"
"Are you REAADDY?"
"It's so hard to be a parent."   
"Appreciate your last days of independence"           (and there are many many others).  

Everybody telling me this has chosen to have a family of their own and they probably feel that their comments are going to spare me a lot of great advice but really stop with it.  If it is as horrible as you make it sound than why did you ever have a baby of your own?  ... and why did you have a SECOND one? What are you trying to accomplish by saying all this.  Is this supposed to be encouraging?  Don't even get me started on the topic of Oprah's show she aired a few weeks ago where she had an entire audience of mothers having a bitchfest about how they feel so unfulfilled and miserable as mothers.  This is not what I need days before I embark on the most exciting and most wonderful life changing journey in my whole life.  

Do I sound hormonal?  Maybe it's a sign i'm gonna have a baby soon!  

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Michelle!

I loved the "long story short, we are staying pregnant". Don't listen to any negative things.. it's just easier to complain then to say nice things. I can't wait to meet my nephew!

Esther said...

Yikkers!

Unknown said...

Holy damn!!! I'll try to be more careful when I speak to you; especially about parenthood and kids. Maybe I'm crazy but I think some of that was directed toward me.

Also, everything anybody says is true, and also good advice. People, like me, love our kids and wouldn't have it any other way - but freedom is still hard to come by. I will give one more piece of advice... then shut my mouth for good! RELAX or you will drive your self crazy!
- Josh