Tuesday, May 18, 2010

1 year




Jordan just had his one year birthday and he was so lucky to have his whole family come from near and far, to celebrate it with him. Its so hard to imagine all the milestones and all the changes that have taken place in only 365 days. To see your baby hold their head up by themselves, then sit, crawl, pull up on furniture then gradually started cruising around everything and WALK. It's incredible! . He is my biggest joy!!

One of the biggest struggles I have had which is no surprise to anyone is Jordan's poor sleeping skills. I have been literally losing sleep over this issue physically, mentally, emotionally, and psychologically for a full year. Right now I can safely say that we are very well on our way to overcoming this challenge. I met with a sleeping specialist at St. Luke's Hospital who has been dealing with pediatric sleep issues for over 25 years and has an incredible reputation with enormous amounts of successes. Very fearful that she would tell me exactly what everyone else has told me to do, have him "cry it out" in the crib, i was very nervous about going to see her. We spent 3 full hours together and I left so excited and so confident in her techniques it was sure to be a success. So far so good! (Jordan has stopped nursing, completely - and is in his crib.. for the first time EVER). Congratulations Jordan! You have come a long way!!

Some of Jordan's most favorite things to do are to open up drawers and doors, climb up steps, slide down slides, and swing at the park. He loves to take things in and out of containers and stack blocks to knock them down. His most favorite foods are: bananas, string cheese, raisons, bread, eggs, and yogurt.

This summer Jordan is going to take swimming lessons. We plan on hanging out at the park and the pool almost everyday. Now that Jordan is walking it will be a lot of fun visiting the Magic House and Imagination Station at the Zoo.


1 comment:

Davis said...

I just read your comment on my blog about Postpartum Anxiety and I am so glad that you decided to leave a comment. I just read your post about your son's first year and his sleeping battles. I'm so happy to hear that you found a doctor who has been an encouragement to you! I know all too well how the books can make us want to pull our hair out and question our confidence as mothers. Thank you for reading my post and leaving your comment. It verifies to me that this is something that a LOT of mothers are going through and that it is something that needs more attention. Thanks again for your comment. Your son is beautiful.