We are ready though, rest assured.... we've taken the Prenatal Tour of University Hospital, and are currently enrolled in a lamaze based childbirth class. By the way, I am not doing any of that "natural" lamaze hocus pocus. I am doing a natural "epidural" skip the funny breathing and visualizations. The nursery is ready and we got all kinds of baby stuff, just no baby yet.... so anytime now kiddo!
I am really enjoying myself these days.. I took a leave of absence from work before my official Maternity Leave begins because it was just getting too difficult to work full time. I have a very low tolerance for activity. I am home now getting a lot of rest and go out a little here and there but really trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. The biggest complaints that I have is hip, and low back pain accompanied with aches up and down my legs and feet. Sometimes walking is kind of weird because the baby's head is sitting very low now and I can feel something wedged in there... feels WEEEIIIRRRD and sometimes painful. Also, I am sssslllooooooww moving. So all in all, we're not doing great with the activity and mobility at this point but I am feeling great (now that I am not working).
I have been seeing Dr. David every week and at my last visit she told me I was already 1cm dilated so that's one very small step towards progress. Next visit is this thursday so lets hope we have made some more positive changes towards birthday.
Also something very funny seems to have happened the past two weeks... I have suddenly developed a huge taste for chicken. I have HATED eating chicken since I was in college and I would almost never touch the stuff. Actually the only chicken I would tolerate was my mom's chicken, but now i'm eating it almost every meal and I can't get enough!
Okay- be sure to stay tuned for more news! We could very well have a baby boy by the next posting!

No comments:
Post a Comment