Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nursery

I have started thinking a lot about our little guy's room and what we are going to do with it.  There are a lot of huge decisions to make..  furniture, themes or color schemes etc. They are very important to creating a peaceful setting for the baby.  Basically everything has been difficult because I have a picture in my mind of what I think I like, difficult part is that I like a lot of different things. 

Typically I feel my taste is pretty contemporary but also traditional.  The biggest challenge has been finding the right combination of modern and traditional baby stuff that suits my style.  I think I am finally making heads or tails of the situation.  Today I have made my final decision on the furniture.  I am getting the Cabine crib made by Netto.  

The bedding has been tricky as well because I don't want a theme... I hate sports, I am not that interested in cars, trains, trucks or any "boy" stuff for that matter.  That limits a lot of my options. I have been searching high and low for bedding with a cute pattern and a variety of color combinations.  But then my mother-in-law found an adorable gender neutral crib set made by a designer by the name of Jill McDonald, called All Creatures Great and Small.   It's very cute!  So that's the top contender right now.  You can see it at www.landofnod.com 

I am really digging this stroller by Quinny.  It has a lot of similar qualities to the bug-a-boo but the big difference is the hydraulic opening feature.  With just about the touch of a finger the stroller opens itself making it a lot easier to multi-manage holding your baby and all the other things you have to juggle with one hand while you try to open the stroller.  We are going to get it in black.  

The flooring I really like a lot is actually made by Pottery Barn.  If you want to get a descriptive visual: it's the Quinn Felted Ivory  shag rug.  It's cool! 
 
Lastly we are checking out all of our recliner/glider chair options and I have found a few I like.  The determining factor is going to be based strictly on what dimensions will fit through the narrow doorway going in to the baby's room....(along with comfort, and style).  

So I'm definitely getting somewhat closer to putting together a cute little nursery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of how the nursery is coming along! i googled everything.. hahaha.

see you in a few weeks in frozen NY! can't wait to see how the baby bump is coming along

--aunt vicky

mchaitman said...

Yaay Vicky! I can't wait to see you guys! So you like it all so far? If you have any good ideas let me know cause it's fun and really cool to have a little contribution from all the important people in making the nursery special!

18 more weeks to go!