Right now my little nugget is about the size of a martini Olive and weighs about as much as a penny! It looks pretty funny still but we're making progress towards a human like appearance. I will be 9 weeks on Friday September 19th. I'm looking forward to the next appointment this monday the 22ed.
The website I have been visiting has suggested that expectant moms document their pregnancies in a diary or blog. As slow as time may seem to go on, it's over before you know it and its easy to forget about what you had just been through. I had already taken this advice from my brother. I figured that it was a mighty fine idea and even if nobody else had any interest in anything have to say, it will be a nice way to document the development of our baby from pregnancy through childhood.
So, my symptoms lately have been the same... muscle aches and fatigue. Luckily it's let up a lot since a few weeks ago. Good days and bad days... but more bad than good still. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I have all these wild cravings or anything. I do sometimes get a taste for something and then I feel like I really want to satisfy it, but I felt that way before I was pregnant.
Oh and lastly, I was asked by the Director of Nursing, and my Nurse Manager to be the Admission Nurse for my facility. It was a huge compliment that I was selected for this position. This was a position that was newly created and of all the nurses they have on staff, they picked me! It has really motivated me and given me a lot of encouragement that my hard work is appreciated and recognized. There are a great number of perks with this new position, such as: I will never be required to work another weekend or holiday unless I choose to work, in which case I would get double pay on holidays and time and a half on weekends. My hours will be 40 hours per work week and the best part is that my start time is 10:30 in the morning and ending at 7pm. relatively normal hours except that I will not have to wake up at 5:30am anymore which is a blessing now that I am not feeling my best and requiring a lot more sleep at night. This position will be leading me to supervisory and management in the next several months I'll be cross training shortly, I hope. I also got a nice little raise too, which was the icing on the cake.

3 comments:
Congratulations on your new position Michelle! That's great news. It's also great that you're taking my advice to heart. It feels good to be validated by some other websites out there. These life-cycle events are important to chronicle, in my opinion. I know that when Vicky and I are going to have kids that we're gonna definitely blog about it.
congrats on the new position!! I am so glad to hear you got it. :) And yay to new hours!!
Very Kick ASS! love that money!
Post a Comment